There are now openings for Construction Professionals in America’s Navy – with no experience necessary to apply.
Industry: Military, Construction, Engineering, Carpentry, Electrician, Construction Mechanic, Engineering Aide, Equipment Operator, Steelworker
Type of Service: Full-time (Active Duty)
Type of Position: Enlisted (high school diploma or equivalent required)
About this Job: The Navy Construction Battalion (Seabees) build structures of all kinds – in just about every environment. They work at Navy bases or ports of call around the globe. They can be deployed to help develop or rebuild areas affected by natural disasters. Seabees are renowned for having some of the best construction professionals in the business – in any of the following positions:
- Builders – Construct wooden, masonry and concrete structures, as well as perform interior finish work
- Construction Electricians – Install electrical and telephone networks; splice and lay wire and cable; install, operate and repair generators, motors, transformers and lighting fixtures
- Construction Mechanics – Repair construction equipment and engines
- Engineering Aides – Draw plans; sketch, map and survey land for construction; estimate material requirements; and test materials
- Equipment Operators – Operate heavy-duty construction equipment, including bulldozers and scrapers
- Steelworkers – Weld and form steel and construct sheet metal structures
- Utilitiesman – Perform a wide variety of functions, including plumbing installation, water purification, boiler operation, ventilator system repair, and refrigeration and air conditioning maintenance
Key Opportunities: No experience is required to join the Navy Construction Battalion. Paid on-the-job training is among the best in the world, and much of the training translates to credit hours toward a bachelor's or associate's degree. Skills learned in the Navy Construction field transfer directly to the civilian job market, leading to outstanding employment opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements: Candidates must satisfy specific criteria to be eligible for employment consideration.
- U.S. citizenship: Required
- Education: High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Gender: Male or female
- Age: 17 to 34
- Medical exam: Required
- Physical fitness test: Required
- Service commitment: Minimum of two years of Active Duty