There are now openings for Divers in America’s Navy – with no experience necessary to apply.
Industry: Military, Diving, Emergency Response, Salvage, Repair, Construction
Type of Service: Full-time (Active Duty)
Type of Position: Enlisted (high school diploma or equivalent required)
About this Job: Navy Divers perform a variety of salvage diving operations and special diving duties worldwide, whether performing construction and demolition projects, executing search and rescue missions or supporting military Special Warfare/Special Operations units. Navy Divers also carry out routine ship maintenance, including restoration and repair.
Key Opportunities: Navy Divers receive arguably the best training in the world. Their expertise qualifies them to conduct missions in every corner of the world, in every condition. Their skills also open up valuable career opportunities in the civilian sector.
Qualifications and Requirements: Candidates must satisfy specific criteria to be eligible for employment consideration.
- U.S. citizenship: Required
- Education: High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Gender: Male or female
- Age: 17 to 30
- Medical exam: Required
- Eyesight: 20/200 bilateral correctable to 20/25 with no color blindness
- Physical screening test: Required
- Minimum Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) score: AR+VE=103, MC=51 or GS+MC+EI=165
- Service commitment: Minimum of two years of Active Duty