OUR STRENGTH WEATHERS ALL STORMS
Some enemies are invisible. And it takes a mighty force to stand up to them in the face of uncertainty. That is why we continue to seek out the best and brightest to keep our fleet ready and able for any test that comes before us.
Sailors can still expect to receive full benefits like health insurance, competitive pay and housing stipends and can continue to qualify for up to $40,000 in enlistment bonuses. Whether you’ve never served before, or want to serve your country again in a time of great need, there is a place for you in America’s Navy.
SAILOR HEALTH & SAFETY
U.S. Navy Recruiting continues to make the health and safety of our Future Sailors, our recruiters, supporting personnel and their families our highest priority. Recruiting is considered a “mission essential” activity and must continue despite current circumstances. To protect our personnel and Future Sailors, we have created the following guidelines:
- Established social distancing
- Enabled recruiters to work remotely
- Instituted a 14-day restriction of movement (ROM) period for all incoming recruits at RTC
- Provided government-contracted transportation as available between training and duty stations.
- Encouraged Sailors to rest well, take care and STAY HOME if not feeling well
- Followed any and all guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Defense Health Agency
Get live updates about COVID-19 from the fleet here.
CONTINUE YOUR NAVY JOURNEY
Our first and utmost priority will always be the health and well-being of our Future Sailors and their families. To keep them safe, our recruiters have shifted to 100% virtual recruiting—you can still call, text, chat, video chat or email your recruiter, even though in-person recruiting stations are closed. There are any number of ways you can pursue your Navy career while you stay safe at home.
- Contact your local recruiter
- Attend virtual appointments and interviews
- Conduct at-home ASVAB practice tests
- Complete an enlistment packet and e-file
- Schedule a physical and enlistment date
Speak to a recruiter to find out the best way to continue your Navy journey.
OUR MISSION NEVER STOPS
Training Future Sailors at Recruit Training Command (RTC), or boot camp, is absolutely mission essential in the face of a crisis. Our ships, submarines, bases and aircraft squadrons need the best Sailors out there to ensure we’re ready for any and all threats.
To protect the health of our future force at RTC, we’ve taken proactive steps to mitigate the spread of the virus. Prior to entering MEPS, all Future Sailors must:
- Self-quarantine for 14 days
- Have a negative SARS-CoV2 screening questionnaire
Have a temperature less than 100.0° F
Once recruits arrive at RTC, they are screened and placed in a 14-day restriction of movement period before participating in the standard program. All personnel and staff at RTC are practicing safe social distancing and remaining on-base to closely monitor the situation.
Contact your current recruiter with any additional questions.
SERVE OUR NATION AGAIN
For those who feel the call to serve again and help guide our nation to a more stable future, we’re seeking your experience and expertise. Prior service candidates are in-demand across the fleet—your valuable skills can help us continue the mission.
Call 1-800-USA-NAVY or chat with a recruiter for more information about how to serve a second time.